Areas of Expertise
- Training, consultation and toolkits on Program Quality Assessment using the YPQA
- Designing continuous program improvement systems and plans
- Youth Voice and Leadership
- Intentional program design
- Supportive relationships and environment
- Organizational management
- Youth participatory evaluation.
Deborah has worked to understand how to improve youth program quality through research, writing, teaching and consultation since 2001, and for 10 of those years at the University of Minnesota. She has conducted two research projects on program quality using the YPQA observational assessment tool and in partnership with the David P. Weikart Center for Youth Program Quality. In the last five years, she has focused strongly on the role of youth in evaluation, both in her quality improvement work and more broadly. She is starting her third year with an endowed pilot project through the Howland symposia to study, teach and engage youth practitioners in youth participatory evaluation.
Deborah Moore is currently the Program Director at the newly established Youth Work Learning Lab at the School of Social Work. This project provides professional development and teaching support to youth workers and students in community on critical and complex issues in formalized youth work. She has expertise in youth program quality and organizational development, community networks and collaborations and youth program measurement and evaluation.
Resources & Trainings – Categorized by Building Block (BB) or CPI section
Continuous Program Improvement (CPI):
- YPQA Basis for Self-Assessment
- YPQA Reliability Training
- Quality Matters Toolkit Training
- Quality Matters Online Training
- Quality Learning Circle – 9 month cohort
- Quality 101 Workshop
- External YPQA observation and consultation
- Discovery and Action Planning Using the YPQA data
To learn more about the trainings and resources I provide, visit my website and contact me using the information below.
Youth Work Learning Lab – University of Minnesota
Peters Hall – School of Social Work
1404 Gornter Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55108