Sprockets is Saint Paul’s out-of-school time network which includes the City of Saint Paul, Saint Paul Public Schools and over 45 community organizations including the Center for Democracy and Citizenship at Augsburg College.
Sprockets’ key strategies are designed to improve the quality, availability and effectiveness of out-of-school time learning for all youth in Saint Paul. Sprockets communications and network building strategies are key to our mission. Sprockets is focused on building public awareness about the importance of after-school and summer learning while helping families and youth learn about and connect to out-of-school time opportunities in Saint Paul.
Sprockets also focuses on network communications, ensuring our network partners and other stakeholders have reliable information about both the state of after-school and summer learning in Saint Paul and the opportunities available to them through Sprockets to strengthen quality and accessibility. Sprockets seeks a Communications and Network Associate to coordinate communications and events while providing administrative support.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Manage on-line content: Update Sprockets website with direction and input from Sprockets staff team, ensure the Sprockets Program Finder and Events Calendar have complete and current youth program information which includes recruiting and supporting Sprockets network partners to enter program information, act as the staff link between Sprockets and network partners for all matters of web content and on-line communications, address problems with website by working with web host
- Coordinate and implement social media strategies: Design, write and send out Sprockets monthly newsletter with content support from Sprockets staff team, manage Sprockets’ Facebook and Twitter presence and content with direction and input from Sprockets staff team
- Manage Sprockets govdelivery communication system: Manage and create customized lists in Sprockets govdelivery account and send appropriate information to appropriate lists.
- Conduct parent and youth outreach: represent Sprockets at community events through tabling and outreach, provide presentations to community and parent groups about value of OST and ways to connect to OST opportunities
- Contribute to communications evaluation: Gather and provide appropriate data about Sprockets communications strategy as part of Sprockets evaluation plan (e.g. visits to website, number of “likes” on facebook)
- Meeting support: Maintain network meeting calendar and send out meeting reminders, take minutes and notes at appropriate meetings, type and send to appropriate group, ensure appropriate materials are available at key meetings (e.g. food, nametags, sign-in sheets)
- Assist in bookkeeping and accounting functions: aid development of professional service agreements, track professional service agreement through approval process, enter invoices into accounting system.
- Assist in data collection and entry: organize and track participation records for Sprockets events, coordinate collection of process feedback for Sprockets strategies
- Coordinate event planning and implementation: create event planning and implementation timeline and “to do” plan for Sprockets network conference and related Sprockets events, secure event locations, speakers, food, invitation/recruitment and materials
- Provide special projects support: manage logistics and scheduling for special projects such as the Neighborhood Network Team joint transportation and field trip and/or the Sprockets Youth Video project
- Ability to work in a team environment, and work independently with little supervision;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to show initiative, organize workflow, manage one or more projects, and handle frequent interruptions.
- Understand best practices for use of Facebook and Twitter as a communication strategy
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience working with communications and social media;
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience in youth work or education environment.
- GED or High School Diploma required; Associate’s degree or higher preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish, Hmong, Somali or other language preferred
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Link to Opportunity Posting or Organization Website: http://ow.ly/zVhiy