- This event has passed.
Powering Learning. Expanding Possibilities
April 14, 2015 - April 15, 2015
Full details available at Eventbrite.
This two-day conference brings together the Minnesota STEM network and Ignite Afterschool network to ensure every Minnesota young person has access to high quality STEM Education and opportunities to build 21st century skills. Attendees will share high quality practices, build partnerships, and advance policy to increase student engagement in and outside of the school day.
While this conference will address issues in common to both networks,
it will also contain sessions specific to each network
Systems Building and Partnerships
- Fitting systems and partnerships to different communities: urban, suburban, and rural areas
- Working across sectors – schools, libraries, communities, non-profits, businesses, museums, & universities
- Highlighting innovative systems of support for STEM & Afterschool learning
- Working together as staff, administrators, and stakeholder
Integrating 21st Century Skills and STEM
- Building a shared understanding of quality in Afterschool and STEM learning
- Expanding access and engagement in STEM learning & Afterschool programs
- Attracting more girls/women and underrepresented peoples to STEM fields
- Increasing the STEM pipeline and knowledge of the variety of STEM careers
- Ensuring a competitive workforce by 2020
- Exploring high-quality curriculum and activities for STEM learning in-and-out of school
Sharing Your Stories & Successes: Data, Evaluation, and Messaging
- Using stories and data to communicate effectively to various audiences
- Sharing tangible and cost-effective approaches of documenting and data analysis
- Measuring outcomes of success in Afterschool and STEM programming